Alex Kinsley – Experiments with plaster

Recently I’ve been experimenting with plaster as a material to create work with. Below is my journey so far!

It arrives! Hydrostone plaster & powdered pigments!

I’d been planning on exploring this material in my work for a while, but with the recent slowdown due to COVID19 I figured this was the time.

My first tests mostly focused on embedding steel into the plaster and then revealing it and letting nature do its work via rusting.

I’ve started keeping a log of my tests as I go! This will help in the future if I need to revisit the process.

I’ve still got a lot of testing to do, but the most recent one above is looking promising! Excited to continue down this path and post more results here.

Product added to cart

No products in the cart.